Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day Card

I know Mother's Day has passed, but I'm just now posting the pics of the card I made for my Mother.  My mother will be 93 next month and I have made her a few cards over my life time.  But this is the one I had the most trouble with.  My mother likes simple cards, made with pastel colors.  I wanted to stick with her favorites, pink and blue.  The Graphic 45 - Secret Garden papers were just perfect.  But I like vintage, and some messiness to a card.  I compromised and came up with this;


I started with the checked orangish pink papers from the 6x6 pad of patterns and solids, distressed the edges, added Vintage Photo distress ink. I then added a layer of an old book distressed with distress ink in blue jeans, added 2 offsetting doilies, inked with Vintage Photo. I put a piece of the blue printed paper, again from the 6x6 pad, distressed the edges, and inked them.  Then I distressed the edges of one of the cut-outs from the 12x12 pad of Secret Garden papers.  Inked that too with Vintage Photo, I love the distressing of the edges and then the inking of the edges with more Vintage Photo.  I used one of the tags from the chipboard elements and tied a bow held with a small, inked up clothes pin.  I added a beautiful butterfly die cut.  A few small pearls and I was done.  




Thank you for stopping by and please come again.

Wee


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day Card. I love all the layers you've combined too.
    Thanks so much for joining us this time at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful - very elegant and feminine! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is absolutely lovely. Great to have you play along at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, I am sure your Mum loved it. My Mum was legally blind for the last few years of her life but would always say things looked lovely ;-)
    I got here via CJS14; it's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cath, thanks, my Mom couldn't make it out clearly either as she is legally blind. But it's the thought that counts I say. So excited to be part of CJS 14. I have started getting my desk all ready to start.

      Delete