Monday, July 15, 2013

My Two Outdoor Critters

I was so excited creating this challenge for Our Creative Corner that I forgot to take pictures as I was making it. This is a picture taken last year at our annual camping trip.  My two grandchildren in my lap as we are sitting around the campfire in the morning, waiting to start some breakfast. I love those two little outdoor critters.




 Background is Black Soot Distress Ink then layered with a stencil from TCW,  Mini Flower Frenzy  colored with Distress Inks in coordinating colors with my little strips of ribbon, top and bottom, from my stash.  The words at bottom left are from a stamp set that says, "We do not remember days, we remember moments" Cesare Pavese  Which I partly covered with flowers again from my stash.  I also did some background stamping with words like, Happy, Love and Smile, because that is how I feel when I am with these  two.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.

4 comments:

  1. I really love the way you created a darker background which makes the photo and embellishments stand out so well. What happy memories this must bring back for you too! Thanks so much for joining our Captured Memories challenge at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous journal cover you have created. Love the way you have it stenciled and the beautiful colors you chose to work with. The flowers are wonderful. Such a terrific way to capture and preserve these precious memories. So happy to have you joining in the Memories challenge with us this month at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! I love the contrast between the dark background and the bright flowers - really makes it POP! The sentiment is gorgeous and I love how you have arranged the page. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Our Creative Corner. Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, You don't have an email linked up to your blogger profile, so I'm trying this. Thanks so much for Blog Hopping with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon and YOU WON our drawing. See here: http://www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2013/10/rrr-october-blog-hop-winner.html. Send me your complete name and shipping address and I'll get your October assortment right out to you. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete